Tuesday, December 7, 2010

RoadBlock

The second week of my teaching unit 5, I encountered a dilemma that I still don't have an answer for. I want to incorporate more hands on projects in class for Algebra because I know there are many lessons that I can make more interesting except my CT and I discussed how I can make my lessons more interesting and I was told that based on the kinds of students that we have this year we might not be able to incorporate more projects. This is disappointing to me but at the same time I completely understood why this choice is made. Based on what I understand about my students, I have found that it would be more of a management class versus a learning experience, but on the other hand I could be just evaluating the outcome for myself rather than my students....still debating whether or not it is worth an entire school day to make the attempt. I don't want to be the one to waste away a day just trying to keep students on task.

1 comment:

  1. I know this is a little late, but can you use manipulatives instead of doing projects, to get students doing things hands-on? Or are the manipulatives what your teacher is objecting too?

    ReplyDelete