Friday, October 2, 2009

Weekly Blog 10/2/09-10/7/09

a) What is the most significant thing I learned in class this week? I learned how to create a blog and officially started 'twittering'...I would consider this significant because I've never done either before...it's......................................(trying to find the right word)...................................different.
b) What questions do you have and what do you want to learn more about? At this point I am curious as to what else I'm going to learn in this class. I'm still trying to figure out how 'twittering' will factor into my teaching in the future? Or perhaps this is just a practice as to see how I can relate to students within this tech-age? I find it fascinating that my sister who is only 3 years younger than me is all over this blogging and twittering and to me this is foreign. I would like to learn how blogging is used in education--besides this class of course.
c) What applications do you see to classroom practice based on what you learned? I can see perhaps that these applications or forms of communication can be used by students to help them communicate during problem-solving. It encourages students to help each other out as well as gives them the opportunity to become the 'teachers'. But to what extent can we use this application before it is abused for socializing?...hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment